- Review the Dental Hygiene Process of Care as it relates to assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing and evaluating the dental implant candidate
- Discuss the optimal Dental Hygiene Process of Care for an active dental implant patient
- Describe the American Academy of Periodontology standards regarding the diagnostics of perimplant disease, including therapeutic opportunities for a Stage IV patient
- Identify appropriate preventive and therapeutic modalities as well as advanced periodontal procedures designed for dental implant patients
- Discover futuristic trends in the provision of dental implant therapeutics
The American Academy of Implant Dentistry estimates about 3 million dental patients in the United States have dental implants with a projected 500,000 implants being placed each year. In many cases, dental implants are oftentimes utilized as a means of replacing decayed, diseased or periodontally-involved teeth in oral conditions that are less than favorable. As research continues to unpack data around the increasing failure rate of dental implants in previously or actively diseased oral conditions, the role of the preventive dental hygienist becomes increasingly imperative.
Join periodontal hygienist, speaker, author and consultant Katrina M Sanders RDH, BSDH, M.Ed, RF as she uncovers the modalities of complex care for the dental implant patient. This comprehensive program looks between the threads to better understand the imperative role of the dental hygienist in identifying potential dental implant candidates, evaluating systemic conditions affecting dental implant success, assessing stable and diseased periimplant sites, diagnosing Stage IV and periimplant diseased cases, maintaining single, multiple or all-on-four/all-on-six patient cases, and actively treating periimplant diseased patients. Let’s establish and maintain a stable foundation of dental implant protocols while threading through the research and uncovering new trends and techniques aimed to elevate comprehensive standards in the provision of dental implant care… together.
6000 West Osceola Parkway
Kissimmee, FL 34746
CEU Credits: 2