Commercially Supported by:
- Discuss new and upcoming regulatory standards that pertain to healthcare practices
- Apply Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requirements specifically to healthcare practices
- Illuminate the role and responsibility of the infection control coordinator
- State principles of Global Harmonized System training (mandatory as of 2013)
- Learn the optimal design of central sterilization, cleaning and sterilizing protocols, biological and chemical monitors, sterilizer options, pouches, wraps and more
- Demonstrate how to conduct a Personal Protective Equipment assessment
- Describe the contents of an Exposure Control Plan and Post-Exposure Protocol
- Define how to test and maintain waterlines
- Name the ten most common OSHA healthcare citations and how to avoid them
- Gain the skills and understanding to rock your compliance program
Even if you think you’ve heard it all before, you’ve never heard it the way Karen Daw, “The OSHA
Lady” delivers safety training for dental and medical professionals.
With a fresh, fun, and efficient approach, Karen keeps things moving, always grounded in real-world
examples of what can go wrong (sometimes in a matter of seconds) if we let our guard
Complacency is the enemy in infection control and safety; Karen’s in-depth, informative
workshops put principle into practice by taking an unexpected, engaging approach to compliance
training topics like: hand hygiene, sharps safety, instrument sterilization, and appropriate barriers
for bloodborne, contact, droplet, and airborne pathogens.
So, leave the OSHA and CDC binders on their shelves for a little while, and let Karen guide your team through an entertaining, interactive, and potentially life-saving refresher course exclusively
tailored for those working in healthcare.