- Understand why periodontal endoscopy is the standard of care for treatment of moderate to advanced periodontal and peri-implant diseases.
- Recognize the conditions under which periodontal endoscopy is ideally utilized and when regenerative surgery is indicated.
- Discuss the use of treatment aids (such as lasers) to enhance clinical results.
- Analyze the use of the periodontal endoscope as a diagnostic tool.
- Discover methods for increasing production by retaining more periodontal cases in-house.
New and emerging technologies and best practices for treating patients with moderate to advanced periodontal and peri-implant diseases are literally opening our eyes to the calculus and biofilm we previously had to remove blindly. Periodontal endoscopy offers dentists and patients non-surgical, predictable treatment solutions. The periodontal endoscope offers direct visual access to the root surface within the periodontal pocket without a surgical flap. This course demonstrates the role of periodontal endoscopy and its benefits. Participants will analyze the processes and results of traditional pocket reduction surgery compared to non-surgical endoscope treatment. We will explore advanced diagnostics via magnified sub-gingival visualization which allows clinicians to identify periodontal and peri-implant etiologies and potential complications with healing. Explore adjunctive therapies - such as lasers and enamel matrix protein - that create an ideal environment for gingival attachment and in some cases, bone regeneration.