Develop an understanding of the evolution of implant dentistry
- Discuss treatment planning options, types of implants and procedures
- Describe the etiology of peri-implant diseases
- Recognize the risk factors of implant related diseases and utilize the appropriate assessment techniques to properly treat implant restored teeth
- Examine various methods of implant debridement
- Discuss the need for structured, calibrated office philosophy on maintenance schedules and referrals
Dental Implants are a widely accepted viable treatment option for missing teeth and edentulism. World-wide the number of implants placed annually continues to grow. As placement increases so does the prevalence of peri-implant diseases. To effectively manage the oral health care needs of patients with dental implants, clinicians need to know and understand the evidence for diagnosis and recognize the risk factors for peri-implant diseases. This course provides an evidence-based review of peri-implant diseases focusing on diagnosis, treatment and strategies for prevention.